Aurora Motorcycle Accident Injury Attorneys
Aurora is the second largest city in the state, and its dense population can make travel more dangerous for motorcyclists. Other motorists have the tendency to overlook motorcycles on the road, leading to needless accidents that can change the lives of the victims forever. The Aurora motorcycle accident attorneys of Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers are committed to the prevention of motorcycle injuries through increased education and awareness, and the recovery of compensation that victims are entitled to for the cost of their medical treatment. If you have been injured in an accident, contact us to learn more about your rights and how we can help you maximize your financial recovery.
Obtaining an Illinois Motorcycle License in Aurora
Aurora residents can obtain their Class M licenses through the Secretary of State facility located at 339 East Indian Trail in Aurora. For office hours, you can call (312) 793-1010. Anyone seeking a motorcycle operator’s license must first pass the appropriate motorcycle rider’s courses and the Illinois Rules of the Road test. For more information on these requirements and to sign up for a motorcycle rider’s course, contact the Department of Motor Vehicles of the Secretary of State.
The Responsibilities of Motorcyclists Under Illinois Law
While most motorcycling accidents are the result of the failure of other motorists to look out for motorcycles or provide them with the space and respect they deserve, some accidents do result from the irresponsible operation of motorcycles. The same laws that apply to cars and trucks on the road apply to motorcycles, so it is important that motorcyclists limit their speed and abide by all traffic laws.
An example of motorcyclist negligence can be found in the fatal motorcycle crash involving a 22-year-old Aurora resident in August of 2015 who was operating his bike at an excessive speed just before colliding with a tractor trailer about a quarter mile west of Randall Road. Despite wearing a helmet, the motorcyclist suffered severe trauma to the head and was later pronounced dead at the scene of the accident. This incident serves as a reminder that motorcyclists are just as responsible for their safety as those who they share the road with.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Aurora
Our Aurora motorcycle injury lawyers encounter many cases in which the victim’s injuries were completely preventable. Motorcycles do not offer much protection to riders and when coupled with the failure of motorists to notice or make space for motorcycles, it creates a recipe for disaster. Here are the most common causes of motorcycle accidents.
- Driver distraction. Technology is quickly becoming one of the leading causes of traffic related concerns in the nation. Distraction is a factor in most automotive accidents and many of the drivers declared to be at fault were distracted by a phone or other electronic device at the time of the accident.
- Following too closely. Drivers assume that motorcyclists require less space on the road when the truth is that a motorcycle has the right to just as much space as any other vehicle. Giving motorcyclists more space will prevent many needless accidents and injuries.
- Driving above the speed limit. Excessive speeds are not only linked to increased accident rates, but they result in injuries that are far more severe.
- Fatigued driving. When drivers have been awake or driving for long periods of time, their reaction times begin to slow. As more time passes, their impairment can mimic that of a driver who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Driving while intoxicated. There is simply no excuse for drivers who choose to get behind the wheel while drugs or alcohol remain in their system.
- Reckless driving or road rage. Drivers may become agitated with motorcyclists and act aggressively as a result. There is no excuse for this type of behavior, especially when it results in life changing injuries to the other party.
- Dangerous intersections. Many motorcycle accidents are the result of motorists failing to see the motorcyclist prior to making a turn, or underestimating the motorcyclist’s speed and distance before turning into the intersection.
Aurora Motorcycle Crash Attorneys Committed to Maximizing Your Financial Recovery
Rosenfeld Injury Lawyers is one of the leading law firms in the Chicago area and our attorneys have recovered compensation on behalf of thousands of clients like you who have been injured in accidents due to the reckless behavior of other people. We have the resources needed to assist you in receiving the care that you need and deserve to be able to recovery from your injuries while being able to afford treatment.
Contact us today to arrange a free consultation with one of our award winning Aurora motorcycle accident attorneys so that we can get to work right away on your behalf. Once we have had the opportunity to investigate the cause of your accident, we will be able to review your legal options and advise you on the best course of action moving forward. All of our lawyers work on a contingency basis, which ensures that you will never be required to pay for our legal services unless we are able to produce results on your behalf.
For more information on other Illinois cities we serve and the applicable laws, please visit:
Elgin Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Joliet Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Naperville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Peoria Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Rockford Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Springfield Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Waukegan Motorcycle Accident Lawyers